List Lips Curry with Mild Sweet Pepper Pickle, Chilli Lime & Ginger Jelly & Hot Garlic Pickle
Recipe created by Nathan List, Furness College Student
- 2 Lamb Steaks
- 2 red Chillies chopped and de-seeded
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 peppers - Orange & Red sliced into 1/2 rings
- 1 courgette sliced
- Half jar of Hawkshead Relish Mild Sweet Pepper Pickle
- 5 Tablespoons of Hawkshead Relish Hot Garlic Pickle chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Hawksead Relish Chilli, Lime & Ginger Jelly
- 1 tin of Coconut milk
- Garam Masala
- Cayenne pepper
Rub about 5 tsp of garam masala and 4 tsp of cayenne pepper into the lamb and leave in the fridge covered.
Sweat down onion, pepper, courgette and chilli in a little butter with a little salt.
Add the Hot Garlic Pickle and continue to cook.
Add the Mild Sweet Pepper Pickle and cook until soft.
Meanwhile heat a frying pan until smoking hot and brown the lamb until a nice beautiful dark colour but not burnt.
Add coconut, and the cooked vegetables with a little more cayenne and garam masala. Gently cook until the lamb is tender.
Add the Chilli, Lime and Ginger Jelly
Check the seasoning, and serve with rice and naan bread.