- Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves 8 -10
- 1 jar of Hawkshead Relish Salted Caramel Sauce
- Halen Mon sea salt flakes
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate (50%-70% Cocoa)
- 4 Eggs
- 370g Caster Sugar
- 80g Cocoa Powder
- 60g Plain Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Walnut Halves (optional)
- Heat the oven to 160℃. Grease and line a 23cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a pan and break in the chocolate, then remove from the heat and allow the chocolate to slowly melt. Allow to cool gently.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until they have double in size using a hand-held mixer. Add the cooled chocolate mix then fold in the dry ingredients, including the walnuts if using but reserve a few for the top.
- Pour half the batter into the tin, pour over a layer of the Salted Caramel Sauce, then finish with another layer of the chocolate brownie mix. Scatter a few walnut halves and Halen Mon salt crystals over the top and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until risen and the top is glossy and cracked.
- Let the brownie cool completely in the tin before cutting into squares.