Chicken & Chorizo Jambalaya with Beetroot & Horseradish Chutney
Chicken & chorizo jambalaya with Hawkshead Relish Beetroot and Horseradish Chutney
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, chopped into 1" cubes
- 1 onion, diced into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g chorizo, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 250g long grain rice
- 400g can plum tomatoes
- 350ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 225 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 large thick slices of crusty baguette
- 1 x 200g jar of Hawkshead Relish Beetroot and Horseradish Chutney
Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid and brown the chicken for 5-8 mins until golden.
Remove and set aside. Tip in the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until soft.
Then add the pepper, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 mins more.
Stir the chicken back in with the rice, add the tomatoes and stock.
Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender and serve sprinkled with the fresh coriander.
Generously spread the Hawkshead Relish Beetroot & Horseradish Chutney onto the bread, top with the grated cheese.
Grill to golden brown and serve alongside the jambalaya.