- Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 400g peeled and chopped potatoes
- 40g butter
- 200g shredded leeks
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 150g shredded ham hock
- 60g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Hawkshead Relish Beetroot & Horseradish Chutney
- Plain flour
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 eggs
- Asparagus Spears
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for around 15 minutes until soft. Drain, season and then mash well until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the shredded leeks. Cook over a low heat until the leeks are cooked but not browned.
- Add the leeks to the potato along with the mustard powder, parsley, ham and cheese then mix together well. Finally add the Beetroot & Horseradish Chutney and stir gently to combine all the ingredients.
- Form the mixture into four equal sized patties and lightly dust with flour.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the patties gently on a medium heat for around 5 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. You can start them off on the hob and finish them in the oven if you prefer.
- - To Serve -
Top each patty with a lightly poached egg, and serve on a bed of salad leaves or with some gently cooked asparagus spears.