Skip to Main Content
- 1 medium Red Onion, sliced
- Puff Pastry (use the frozen kind, life's too short!)
- Red Onion Marmalade
- 100g Goats Cheese (the log style with the rind on)
- Fresh Thyme
- Heat the oven to 225C / Gas 7.
- Soften the onions in a little butter until they are translucent but not browned.
- Roll out the pastry into a rectangle to about 1/2 cm thickness, using a knife score a border around the edges and prick the base all over with a fork.
- Spread the base with sufficient Hawkshead Relish Red Onion Marmalade to coat the base, leaving the border clear.
- Top with the softened onions and a slice of the Goats Cheese, sprinkle with a little of the fresh thyme.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and puffed up and the cheese has browned on the top.