- 40 mins, plus cooling time
- 4 Servings
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 tbsp Black Garlic Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Tahini paste
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Eggs, hard boiled
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
- Prick the Aubergine and cook in the oven for around 30-40 minutes. Leave to cool the scoop out the middle and discard the skin.
- Place all the ingredients in a food blender along with the scooped out cooled Aubergine. Blitz to combine all the flavours, but not too long so that it doesn’t go too smooth, you want a bit of texture.
- Check the seasoning. You can add some chilli flakes as well if you like the added heat, although the raw garlic will provide a punch.
- Serve with Pitta Bread as a dip or with carrot, celery and cucumber sticks.