This is a lovely fresh tasting tart that is great with a salad for a light lunch or as a starter.
- Hawkshead Relish Red Onion Marmalade
- 1 Med Red Onion - Sliced
- Puff Pastry (use the frozen kind, life's too short!)
- 100g Goats Cheese (the log style with the rind on)
- Fresh Thyme
Classic Toasted Rarebit with Hawkshead Relish Red Onion Marmalade & Hawwkshead Relish
- 50g/2oz flour
- 50g/2oz butter
- Half a pint of good Cumbrian ale (try Hawkshead Brewery Red or Gold beer, available to buy from our online shop)
- 250g/8oz strong cheddar, grated (we recommend 'Flakebridge' cheese from Appleby Creamery).
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp Hawkshead Relish (275ml bottle)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Freshly ground Black pepper
- 4 large slices granary bread
- 1 x 200g jar Hawkshead Relish Red Onion Marmalade
Red onion (57%), sugar, raisins, balsamic fruit vinegar (5%), olive oil, pine kernels(4%), garlic, salt, pectin, pepper, thyme, redcurrant jelly.