Smoked Salmon with Watercress Endive Salad & Nettle Jelly Dressing
Smoked Salmon with Watercress and Endive Salad and Hawkshead Relish Nettle Jelly Dressing
Serves 4 as a starter
- 300 g / 12 oz best quality sliced smoked salmon
- 100g / 4oz watercress, just trim the thick stalks off
- 1x bulb of yellow chicory, just pulled apart into long leaves
- 1/2 a small head of radicchio, sliced into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons Hawkshead Relish Nettle Jelly
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
Place the Hawkshead Relish Nettle Jelly in a pan with the water, oil and lemon juice season lightly warm to loosen and leave to cool, add the chives.
Arrange the smoked salmon flat in the centre of 4 plates.
Place the washed and well drained leaves into a large bowl, drizzle lightly with half of the dressing.
Gently and neatly arrange mounds of the leaves onto the middle of the salmon.
Drizzle the remaining dressing around the salmon and leaves and serve immediately with crusty bread and chilled sancerre wine.
If you want to pre-prepare this dish just do as for the recipe but don't put it together or dress it until needed, you may need to warm the dressing slightly to loosen.
If you want to use this recipe for smoked mackerel or trout just omit the lemon juice and replace it with lime juice.